NOT SORRY


Yesterday,I think I made one of the biggest mistakes I have ever made in my life.But,as always,every mistake comes with a life lesson.
And not it doesn't have to do with something that put my life in danger or something dramatic like that.But still,it is one of the stupidest things I have said in my whole life.
Yesterday my friend texted me asking if I wanted to hang out and I said yes.So I went and grabbed my makeup bag cause I wanted to put just some makeup on.Long story short,I realised that my liquid foundation was leaking and it basically had ruined a lot of my other makeup products.As a result,I couldn't apply makeup on my face AND I was running late.So I texted my friend explaining what had happened and I also told her "Also I look like a mess,don't judge me".
And I said that because I didn't have any makeup on my face.As soon as I wrote that text I instantly realised that I had just said one of the stupidest things I have ever said in my life.And to be honest,I see the 'Sorry for my face' or 'My hair is sooo rachet I don't look human' everywhere.The majority of people I know have said something similar at least once.And that just got me thinking.
Why do I have to apologize to people for not wearing makeup and-well-looking like myself.And don't get me wrong,I really like makeup and the way it makes me feel.But still.We do not have to apologize to the people around us for how we really look.Yeah okay,I have acne.So what?So does the majority of the teen population.Looking like yourself is not something that you should be sorry for.What draws me to people is the way they make me feel and not the make up on their face.And to be honest,I'd much rather have people around me that like me for who I really am than how my makeup looks.
So do you guys agree with me?Let me know.

No comments:

Post a Comment